Tournament Information & Rules
MLK GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT
INFORMATION & RULES
Playing Site Information
215 Gothic Court, Franklin, Tennessee 37067
Please read below site rules and other important information:
A-Game Sportsplex Facility Rules
- Please bring your own balls and carts.
- There will be trainers only at AGame!
- AES will have results posted live! Please make sure you check your scores and that you do not have to play a tiebreaker match.
- A-Game courts will be open one hour prior to the first game starting.
- Tickets will start being sold one hour prior to the first game starting.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed. Team meals are not allowed in the building. No chewing gum. Concession will be available on site. Please be mindful that the concession stand will be “cash only.”
- No coolers allowed—water coolers are provided for the players.
- You may bring collapsible travel chairs into the tournament. However, they must have rubber pads/bottoms. Chairs that have metal legs with no pad will not be allowed on the courts. Metal lawn chairs are not allowed. Please keep in mind that A-Game provides bleacher seating as well as space on the mezzanine.
- A-Game is a smoke-free facility.
- No ball handling in the courts hallway, mezzanine, lobby, concessions, or outside of the courts.
- Display good sportsmanship: NO foul language or fighting.
- No unsupervised children in the facility at any time.
- Alliance Or The MLK AAU Grand Prix will not be responsible for any unattended items.
- No grills allowed.
- You may not setup a tailgating area (tents/chairs) on ANY concrete area, unused parking spot, or facility walkway. If setting up a tailgate area it must be located on one of the grass medians and not on concrete.
- Please be aware that A-Game’s parking lot will be crowded so we recommend that you arrive early enough to find parking before the games begin.
- Park in designated spots only. No parking on the grass medians. No parallel parking along any curbs whatsoever—yellow or otherwise—except behind the building where parallel lines are explicitly painted. Illegally parked vehicles will be tagged and subject to ticketing or towing.
- In addition to A-Game’s front parking lot, back parking lot and lower level lot.
Admission prices are:
CASH ONLY! NO CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED
One day pass-$7 per Adult (13 and older)
Two day Pass-$12 per Adult (13 and older)
One day pass-$4 per child (6-12 years old)
Two day pass-$7 per child (6-12 years old)
Children 5 yrs of age and under are free.
Parking Charge and important info:
A-Game Sportsplex: NO PARKING CHARGED
Team Check-In will no be required for MLK AAU GRAND PRIX.
Please note the following about rosters:
- Must have a sign copy of the roster with you at all times. Refs will be checking Rosters.
- If you need to make a change to your roster it must be done prior to your first match on Saturday, January 14th. Please see Michelle Rizan at the tournament desk to make changes.
All players on the roster must have an AAU #.
- All players must have jersey numbers.
- All coaches (who wish to sit on the bench) must complete the Positive Coaching Alliance Courses, and must have a current AAU #.
How to Print Out Your Event Roster
- Login in to your club director Log in at www.advancedeventsystems.com.
- Click on the link on the top of the screen called "Clubs" which will be under "Club Director".
- Click on the link near the top of the screen called "Teams."
- Find the team you are printing a roster for and click on their team name.
- A list of each team's events should be showing and click the "Print" link located next to the tournament you want to print the roster for.
- Your roster should pop up and you should check to be sure your roster is correct. Then, print that roster to turn in at onsite registration.
- If you are printing for multiple teams, repeat this process for all teams.
THERE WILL NOT BE A COACHES' MEETING BEFORE THIS EVENT.
We will try, to the best of our ability to post all changes to the schedule to the web by 3:00 p.m. the night prior to each tournament start day. Teams are responsible for checking the web for changes before the event and also for verifying any changes that might be made during the event. (i.e. drops or pool changes).
Rules / Tie Breaking Results
Tie Breaking Procedures – Saturday Pool Play Only
Playoff Games will consist of 1 set to 25 (no cap).
If there are more teams tied for the Gold bracket than there are positions, the tied teams must have a playoff game. Teams shall not be eliminated based on set or point differentials.
No playoff game will be played if teams tied both advance to the gold bracket or neither team advances to the gold bracket. Position will be determined head to head.
All 2 way ties - #1 team will be the team which won the pool play match between the 2 tied teams, even if there is an opportunity to advance to the gold bracket (rationale: the teams that are tied have already determined the better team through play)
3 way tie for 2 positions in the Gold Bracket
Seed teams based on set % then point % (if tied by sets). 1st seed will be 1st in the pool and will officiate the tie breaking set. 2nd seed plays 3rd seed. Winner advances as 2nd in the pool
3 way tie for 1 position in Gold Bracket3-Team Pool
Seed teams based on set % then point % (if tied by sets) for all 3 teams. 3rd seed plays 2nd seed. Winner plays 1st seed. Winner advances.
Any situation that is not addressed above will follow USAV guidelines.
Tie Breaking Procedures – Sunday Pools Only
There will be NO playoffs if a tie occurs in pools played on Sunday. It will be determined as follows:
If a protest is to be filed, it must be done AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT, NO LATER. The first referee is obliged to acknowledge and record all protests. All protests will be ruled on prior to the next service. Judgment calls may not be protested.
Click here for MLK GRAND PRIX Playing Schedule
Sunday Bracket Play
Each team is guaranteed 2 matches on Sunday, therefore, please make sure you read the bracket carefully before you leave the site. You may officiate prior to your first bracket play match. In most cases, the losers will officiate but some winners will be required to officiate as well. You could officiate a different division than you are playing but generally you will stay on the same court as you played to officiate. In bracket play, if at the end of the day, two teams are listed as refereeing team, the LAST team to finish their last match will be the one responsible for fulfilling these duties.
Warm Up Schedule
4 minutes TEAM 1 at net then 4 minutes TEAM 2 at net
Spectator Warning: As spectators, you may choose to be in close proximity to the volleyball courts. You do so at your own risk. Be mindful that volleyballs may come from multiple directions.
All matches will be best 2 out of 3 games (no caps)
The results will be updated throughout the day on Advanced Event Systems and computers will be available for teams to check their results at both sites. If there is a discrepancy please go to the Main Tournament desk immediately so that any issue can be resolved in a timely manner.
A team's failure to have an officiating crew (certified down referee or coach, two scorekeepers and two line judges), ON TIME, for a match officiating assignment will lose one point for each minute late on their next match. You must ensure the referee knows your team is ready to officiate – do not just sit beside the court. It is not the referee's job to find your team.
Down referees must be:
For 12's-18s - CERTIFIED player (not players that have only attended reffing clinic) or coach
Coaches must be present at all times even if players are officiating.
PLEASE NO FOOD, CELL PHONES OR ANY MEDIA DEVICE OF ANY KIND AT THE SCORE TABLE.
Matches will begin earlier than the listed time when permissible based on referee rotation.
Looking forward to meeting you and welcome you to the MLK AAU GRAND PRIX!
Thanks so much!
Jimmy and Peggy Miranda